Wednesday 16 January 2013

Glossybox: January 2013

If you have been living under a rock and you don't know what a Glossybox is I'll briefly explain. Glossybox is a monthly subscription service, which you pay £10 for the box and a bit extra for p&p. Each month you receive a box of 5 beauty samples ranging from nail polish-skincare, which are based on a different theme each month. The samples usually come in a smaller sized bottle (as the name sample would suggest!) but they also come in a little sachet.

This months theme is detox which I feel is very appropriate as most people tend to over indulge at christmas! My first impressions of this months box is that it is heavily skincare based which I think is to get your skin off to a fresh start and kind of renew it.

The first product I got in my detox box was a lacoste- eau de lacoste perfume sample. Now I know some people arent always keen on receiving perfume samples in Glossybox, as often enough pick them up free in department stores. I however, really like it as it means I get to try a new perfume and often the size is really handy to carry around in your bag and most department stores are 'stingy' with the samples unless you are actually buying something. I haven't yet tried this perfume but I'll tell you what I think when I have. The description of this perfume says that it is 'built on a classical fragrance structure...fusing modern and traditional ingredients to capture the simple sensuality of delicate flowers'

The next thing in my box was Monu micro exfoliant. Ive never heard of the brand monu before and when I looked at the guide which comes with the glossy box I was quite excited to try this as it looked quite good. However, The leaflet says that its an 'instant pick-me-up with papaya enzymes and Shea butter to provide an immediate healthy 'new skin' effect' this product is meant to reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines which isn't really a concern to me, I think this would be better suited for people with more mature skin.

Another product in my Glossybox this month was another product which seemed bettter suited for mature skin. Its this Murad hydrodynamic ultimate moisture for eyes. This products description mentioned that its for keeping the eyes hydrated in order to prevent wrinkles, dark circles and bags. I don't think I will get much use out of this as I already have an eye cream and wrinkles aren't really a concern to me!

Again! I got another wrinkle reducing product! This time I got Sanctuary Spa active reverse thermal transformation mask. This product claims to 'dramatically improve the appearance of your skin without cosmetic injections' it also is meant to firm and refine your skin within 4 weeks use to create a smoother, glowing more even skin and minimise fine lines and wrinkles. This seems useless to me as its not for me at all. My skin type is combination to oily and I have young skin which doesn't have problems with fine lines and wrinkles.

The last product I got in my Glossybox was this BM Beauty dewy perfection finishing powder. This product is made from zinc oxide which is meant to be anti-inflammatory and its also got 100% natural minerals in it and its also cruelty, paraben, synthetic dye and fragrance free! This is a finishing powder that create a dewy finish and can also can be used under foundation to "diminish fine lines and blemish" so I guess it can be used as a concealer type thing, which sounds pretty good! It can also be used as a highlight for cheek and brow bones. When I first looked at this product I thought "this cant be a powder its way too shimmery?" But when I read the description on the Glossybox leaflet I am really impressed with how good it sounds and I cannot wait to try it! This is the product I am most excited about to try!

Glossybox every now and then, throw in a product they make themselves for example last months was a Glossybox blusher which was surprisingly good! This month Glossybox threw in a 'Glossydreams' eye mask which I think looks really cute and is a great idea for the 'detox' month!

Overall, this months Glossybox is a little disappointing to me. I had high hopes for this months box after receiving such a great box last month and unfortunately they haven't lived up to them as far as first impressions go! I think with the products for 'mature skin' I will pass them on to my mum to try out but I will try a few myself and let you know how I get on! I will update you soon on what I think of them and lets hope February's Glossybox is a little better!

P.s, sorry that the photos are at the bottom of the page I tried to order them after each paragraph so it was relevant to what I am talking about, but I am blogging from my Ipad which makes it difficult to do, I will try and change it when I am next on my laptop!




























No comments:

Post a Comment